"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell




Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Met a friend I never know'd,

Red light green light 'round the town,
I found a penny on the ground
Met a friend I never know'd,
walkin' down ol' Rocky Road.

Don't know why this old Peter Paul and Mary song came to mind when I opened my bedroom blinds and saw her sitting on her nest. I do say good morning to her every day. I'll hate to see her leav
e. But life moves on.


3 comments:

  1. And if you are very, very lucky she will be back next year. Amazing how such a delicate creature can bring a smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I have done our best to make our property bird friendly. At any one time we usually have 18 to 20 pair of Cardinals eating our groceries. Amid all the other birds. By far they are the most proliferous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool! We've got a robin nesting in the back yard. There are cardinals around, but I haven't found a nest yet.

    ReplyDelete