"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell




Thursday, May 23, 2013

 "Here Without You"

A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles that separate
Disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face

I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me

The miles just keep rollin'
As the people weave their way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go

I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, girl, its only you and me

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
And when the last one falls
When it's all said and done
It gets hard but it wont take away my love

I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, girl, its only you and me

 '3 Doors Down'


And I miss you every day, my sweet lady.


I promise I will get back to posting soon. Right now it's just good days and bad days.

8 comments:

  1. A fine tribute. 23 years later I still shed a tear when I think of my Grandpa McCarty. Hell, I shed a tear when I think of my dog which we had for 17 years. I can only imagine losing my wife, though I try not to. I never stop missing those who have touched my life, and I never will. I don't think we are supposed to. But the empty hole left by those who have gone from us can be filled by our memories, and the fact that some day we will be with them again. In the mean time, the best we can do is to be the best person we can be, and hold their memories dear to our hearts. And smile when we recall all the good times we had together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time. Take whatever time you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going through times like this are really hard. I know, because, I just lost my Mom.

    Memories, they will last forever. And when our time comes, they will be there to greet us.

    Take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good memories will last forever. Take your time, we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song is reminding me of U2 - With or Without You Both are great romantic ballads, classic rock music, what can be better. Thanks for reminding about this good old song, the lyrics is so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all is well...God bless.

    ReplyDelete