"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell




Wednesday, February 20, 2013


She Walks in Beauty
 
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Lord Byron

15 comments:

  1. Glad to see you with us again, CC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stopped by almost every day since your last post. I wish for you strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been in my prayers, too, and still are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Murphy's Law said...

    Keep taking good care,

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no words. I am sorry. the rat

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers and condolences for you. If you ever just need someone to talk to, I will be available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phyllis (N/W Jersey)February 22, 2013 at 4:46 AM

    A beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady. Please know that you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our prayers are with you. She's with those angels and every time you see the smiles and laughter of your grandchildren you will know that she's right there with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOO YOUNG. TOO LOVED. And cancer is such a brutal bitch. I know you must feel so much anger that you could kick in a wall. I'm so sad for the both of you. I keep watching and waiting, as the ones above me have said. You are in my thoughts at the oddest times during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much love to you. My heart breaks for your loss.
    Cancer is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thanks to all of you for your prayers and kind words. I know I will be ok. Just have to go one day, one step.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Condolences to you CC. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my life, I always tried my best to RUSH my grieving, as if a time can be placed upon such a thing. Taking care of yourself also includes giving yourself permission to handle things one moment at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always have such soothing words. Thank you.

      Delete