"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell




Sunday, January 13, 2013

I have started this post 2 or 3 times now...

It has not been a good time at our house. Despite flu shots we have both been sick for two and 1/2 weeks. Not flu but might as well have been. With Mary's chemo I was really concerned. But we made it through.

Last Monday she had an unscheduled PET scan. On Tuesday they canceled her Chemo treatment and scheduled a meeting with the doctor on Friday.

I don't need to draw pictures for the adults here so I will just say that if our new insurance (good timing Walmart) won't pay for chemo, we are done.

32 years knowing the most loving, kindest woman and we are down to 3 to 6 months. That's all I have. I am tired. She is tired. I've got nothing else.

11 comments:

  1. God bless you both and you're in my prayers. I'm so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're both in my prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't have any words my friend. the rat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lu and I send our prayers CoolChange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers and thoughts Coolchange. So sorry to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be perfectly honest - and that's what you want to hear, right? I must say I HATE CANCER!!

    And when it boils down to chemo versus the cost of chemo, I HATE INSURANCE!

    And why is cancer do damn common anymore? I young niece was just diagnosed with invasive breast cancer that was visible on her last mammogram, but missed until now.

    Hate. There's just nothing you can DO with it.

    Your sweet wife. You. The horror you feel. I'm SO damn angry for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers for you both. I pray that your insurance covers Mary's treatment and that she beats cancer and the two of you have many years together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers and good thoughts your way. Wish it could be more...

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers CC. This is heart breaking news.

    ReplyDelete