"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell




Friday, December 14, 2012

The Ents!

I'm a freak when it comes to recycled/recovered wood. My jaw dropped when I saw this.  The Kauri is the most ancient tree on the earth. What they are reclaiming are being dug out of peat bogs. These trees are immense and gorgeous. And there is no telling how long they have been in the bogs. Maybe since time of Gandolf, Bilbo, Gollum, and Middle Earth.

Click to embiggen.


Your conference table will be ready shortly. (Buried for 50,000 years)

4 comments:

  1. A 50,000 year old conference table that glows like it's plugged in. That wood looks similar to Hawaiian Koa, which is one of my favorites to mess with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a chunk near Houston. Not sure what I do with it but possession rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, I'd polish it up and display it as an artifact.
      I don't think I could bring myself to cut it up.

      Delete