"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell




Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Good weekend.

Been really busy getting ready for time with family. Should have had this out Monday.

Good weekend.
When I locked up the shop Friday night it was a little cool. My yard cat came walking toward me. I figured he was looking for dinner. But he already had it in his mouth. I grabbed him and got the lizard out of his mouth. The Chameleon ran to my foot and disappeared. I pulled my pant leg up and couldn't find him. Went in the house and told Mary to not be surprised if I did a strip show for her. Sure enough about 10 minutes later I felt a twitch along my leg headed towards my nether regions.I managed to dance my pants off and grab  the poor dude and take him outside and put him in the safest place I could find. My hope is he made it to a safer place.
The sad thing is Mary laughed at me. Oh well.

Saturday I needed to burn a couple of stumps. At the end of the day I had a great evening with a beautiful fire.At just the right time my daughter came from next door with 2 chicken drumsticks that had been roasting on the pit all day. Wrapped in foil and steaming  when they were opened. Man cave stuff, right there! So I am in front of this fire and I am grunting with every bite. It's dark and I think this is just cool. Cave man for sure!

Sunday I really needed Mary to eat some good food. She has gained 3 pounds since her last doctor visit and that is very important. So we grilled asparugus rafts and cod fillets all basted in garlic butter. They were really good today for lunch.

So that's the way we rolled.

.

5 comments:

  1. I like the way you roll. Prayers for Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad Mary is gaining weight!! I am boarder line obsessed with grilled asparagus.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kama kama kama chameleeeon....

    crap. now I've got that song stuck in my head. worst part is that badass biker image at the top of your blog doing the herky jerk to get at that lizard is in my head too. :-)
    Happy to hear things are getting better. The grill is lookin pretty good there.
    Happy Thanksgiving CoolChange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best to all off you. We were stuffed and cuffed to the tv watching those damn Texans do a deja vu/do over. If I had hair it would be gone now. Oh...wait...too late! ;)

    Kx, Mary said it wasn't pretty, but it was funny. :/

    ReplyDelete